At OCEAA, we strive to provide the best possible experience for our students, families, and staff. In order to uphold our standards of high quality work, we ask that you please follow this guide when planning an event or fundraiser.
- For events and/or fundraisers projected to havemore than 100 people, the request form will need to be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the event.
- For events and/or fundraisers projected to have less than 100 people, requests must be made at least 4 weeks in advance.
- When submitting a request form, be sure to include all publicity/marketing materials in both English and Spanish, along with the request form in order to be reviewed and approved.
- Publicity/ marketing materials i.e. flyers, posters, signs etc., must be reviewed and approved by the Student Activities Manager prior to being posted or distributed. All material must be branded (if appropriate) neat, clean, clear, and appropriate. No misspellings, rips, tears, profanity, or anything that can be construed as offensive to anyone will be allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Prior to any school-wide event, the person in charge of planning the event must meet with the Students Activities Manager to run through the event and ensure that all details have been planned out.
- Maintain open communication with the Student Activities Manager throughout the planning process. If no communication is made with the Student Activities Manager and planning deadlines are not met, the event will be postponed or cancelled at the Student Activities Managers discretion.
- Event/ fundraiser timeline checklist will be provided, once an event has been approved.
- Please allow up to two weeks for approval.
- 8 weeks ahead of event- Submit request form along with marketing materials.
- 7 weeks prior to event- Receive approval and timeline checklist.
- 6 weeks prior to event- Print flyers, make posters.
- 5 weeks prior to event- Begin publicizing event.
- 4 weeks prior to event- Make sure to have a plan and all materials supplies list, as well as list of responsibilities for all those involved.
- 3 weeks prior to event- Continue publicizing, begin gathering all supplies needed and gauge whether any date or program changes need to be made based on low interest for the event.
- 2 weeks prior to event- Complete final audit of supplies and volunteers.
- 1 week prior to event- Confirm time and place with volunteers, have run through/ rehearsal. Send reminder emails to all those involved.
If you have any questions, please contact Miriam Ramirez, Students Activities Manager at email@example.com or at (714) 361- 1850.
Click the button(s) below to access the proper forms: